BODY SHOP TECHNICIAN, MET STRIP & FITTER – BASED IN BASILDON.
MotorAid Ltd is a Premier independent German car specialist since 1996, servicing and maintaining our customer’s German cars at two locations in Essex; Basildon and Hainault. Located at Basildon is also our Commercial vehicle garage that takes care of all makes of vans, trucks and trailers. In January 2015 we have started up our in house Body Repair Centre, with full repair capabilities to deal with minor scratches to major accident repairs, most recently we have expanded into Vehicle Leasing and Prestige Used Car Sales.
Due to our current growth we are now looking for new team members to operate a late shift from one of our Bodyshop Workshops in Basildon.
Dismantling and re-assembling, re-alignment accident damaged vehicles in line with manufacturer standards following Thatcham/Manufacturer repair methods and to highest possible standard.
Have current / recent Bodyshop experience as an MET Technician / mechanic be motivated.
Have attention to detail and quality repairs.
- Current ATA or NVQ equivalent certification.
- Hybrid or EV Certified
- Previous ADAS and/or 4 wheel alignment trained.
- To dismantle and rebuild vehicles as instructed by Estimate/Job card, or special instructions from the workshop manager.
- To report unseen damage absent from the Estimate as soon as it is identified.
- To assess tool and equipment requirements, and to report damaged or faulty equipment immediately.
- To maintain a clean, tidy and safe working environment.
- To attend meetings and training programmes as and when required.
The ideal candidate will have served an apprenticeship as an MET Technician and will therefore be qualified with NVQ, City & Guilds, ATA or equivalent. However we would also welcome applications from time-served Technicians as we are happy to provide certification as required for a BS 10125 standards.
A high standard must be achieved at all times. Liaising with other members of staff is essential in this role to help throughput of work.
Hours of Work:
Monday – Friday 1.30pm to 10.00pm include 30 mins paid dinner break.
Saturday’s available on overtime rate.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £34,000.00-£38,000.00 per year