Accounts Admin Purchase Ledger Clerk
– Basildon, SS13 1EY
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Purchase Ledger Administrator with at least 3 years’ experience to join our Accounts Team based in Basildon, Essex.
- Hours for the role are Monday-Friday 8:30am – 5pm
- We provide an attractive starting remuneration package, with additional support and mentoring towards achieving professional development and qualifications
The role of our Accounts Administrator is to provide effective support to the Company Secretary and Financial Director to maintain accurate financial records for the Company. The main responsibilities are to accurately record all day to day financial transactions of the group utilising Sage and our Garage Management Systems.
The role includes processing accounts payable and receivable, and managing invoices; reconciliation of statements, balance sheet accounts and bank reconciliations. Ultimately, the Administrators responsibilities are to accurately record all day-to-day financial transactions of our company.
Main duties will include:
- Processing purchase ledger transactions in an accurate and timely manner
- Monitoring and reporting client ledgers and up to date credit limits
- Assisting the accounts team with reconciliations and up to date statements for the reporting of debtors
- General filing duties
- Preparation of information and schedules for auditors
- Assistance with VAT as required
- Administrative support to the finance team as required
- At least 3 years’ experience of working in a fast paced environment primarily dealing with sales ledger.
- Be self-motivated and comfortable working in both an individual and a team environment.
- Be able to prioritise and manage own workload.
- An ability to work quickly and accurately with an eye for detail.
- Knowledge of Sage 50 and/or Xero.
- Excellent Excel skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £22,000.00-£24,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Quarterly bonus
- Accounting: 3 years (required)